Oatlands Mount Club takes the privacy of our members very seriously, and we are committed to protecting you privacy. This policy tells you how we collect your personal information, how we store it, how we use it and what your rights are in relation to your personal information.
This policy describes how Oatlands Mount Club collects and uses personal information about people who visit our website and give us their information over the phone, face to face, and in writing. The terms of this policy may change to reflect our practices in what we do with your
If you have any queries about this policy please contact:
The Secretary, Oatlands Mount Club, 1 Coronation Grove, Harrogate, HG2 8BU
How we collect personal data
Oatlands Mount Club is the “data controller” of the personal information you provide to us, and we will determine and tell you about the purpose for which we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
We collect your personal information in a number of ways:
- When you provide it to us directly via telephone, letter or email.
- When we collect it as you use our website or social media pages; or when you have consented to third parties sharing it with us; for example from our service providers or from a friend who wants to tell you about our websites.
We will collect your personal information when you enquire about our activities, register with us, send an email, ask a question about our services or otherwise provide us with personal information.
What personal data do we collect?
The personal data we collect might include name, date of birth, email
address, postal address and telephone number.
How do we use this information?
We will use your personal information for one or more of the following
- Dealing with your enquiries and requests
- Providing information about events
- Administering membership records
- Contacting you to keep you updated on club news and events
Where we ask for your consent to process your personal information, we will use clear plain language so you can fully understand what you are consenting to. We will tell you what we will be doing with the information and explain your right to withdraw consent and how you can do that. We will only use your personal information you have provided for the purpose we have gained your consent for.
We may process your personal data where we have a genuine and legitimate reason to do so, and we are not harming any of your rights and interests. Our legitimate interests will be in communicating club news and activities.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) you have the
- Transparency over how we use your personal information (right to be informed);
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you, which will be provided to you within one month (right of access);
- Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong
- Ask us to stop using your information
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records
- Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes
If you would like to know more about your rights under the GDPR see the Information Commissioners Office website.
Rights of access
You have the right to see what personal data we hold about you. We would ask that you submit your request for access to your personal data in writing. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please email email@example.com
Will we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not share or sell member details with other third parties.
We will only disclose data when obliged to disclose personal data by law, or the disclosure is ‘necessary’; for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or we have your consent.
We may share your personal data with one or more of the following:
- Within Oatlands Mount Club
- Suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf. In such cases information is only shared for the purpose of providing services on our behalf relating to communications, or agreements between yourself and Oatlands Mount Club. Such processing is conducted under relevant Data Processing Agreements; or
Use of mobile phone data
We will only contact you via mobile phone in an emergency. Any other communications will be via email only.
If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying the club.
By continuing to use our websites you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
Data Protection Regulator
Further information and advice about data protection law and compliance is
Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane,
Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Where required by law, will we obtain your consent to make these changes.